How To Build Confidence in the Positives is a short, self-esteem post to help you boost your confidence in the good things in life. Are you someone who can’t enjoy the good things in your life because you’re constantly looking out for the negative pay-back you’ll get from that enjoyment?
Are you able to enjoy your vacation? Do you always worry about what’s going to happen at home once your vacation is over?
Do you sometimes worry about having good things happen to you because you’re preparing for the negative back-lash which will come after? Are you in effect caught in a self-doubt trap?
Is you confidence in the positives life gives you so low that you stop yourself from enjoying them?
Do you feel ill when life is going your way? Are you today worrying about negative things that will never happen, ‘just so you’ll be prepared for them if they do happen?
You’ve obviously got no confidence in positives of life. You like being ‘kept on your toes’ with worry or stress. You won’t enjoy life because you’re scared that your enjoyment will somehow bring pain in the end as a payback. Here are some ways to build confidence in the positives.
In the picture above, what you see is how you look at it and what your brain is telling you at that particular time. Do you see a white vase or two shadowed faces? This is what your confidence in positives is like.
Confidence is said to be like a memory muscle. The more you use it, the stronger and sharper it gets. Use this muscle to change your thinking to become the person who can enjoy the good and positives in life.
1. Remember that when bad things happen it’s not because of the good you enjoyed. Bad things happen to everyone.
2. If you think of negative things as life’s lessons to make us stronger, you’ll be less scared of them because you’ll know that when they come along, you have enough in your arsenal to deal with them.
3. Negative things will come and go. You’ve dealt with them before. They always pass and you always get on with life after they’re gone.
4. On the flip side, when life is going well, have confidence that you deserve it. Worrying about things that may never happen impedes your enjoyment of now, of your blessings, of your life, and sometimes, even of your family’s enjoyment.
5. As a Christian, I believe that God is always on my side. He’ll let me have my fun. He’ll give me blessings He knows I’ll enjoy, and in hard times He’ll fight my corner. If he’s fighting my corner, there’s no need to be afraid. If you believe in God you have to believe He’s more powerful than any negative thing you can and will ever deal with!
This was meant to be a short, 500 word post, so I won’t go on. Please share with us your ways of dealing with fear of negatives. Do you suffer from any of the feelings above? What do you do to cope with them? If you enjoyed, ‘How To Build Confidence In Positives’ please share it on your social networking sites and with your friends. Thank you.