Confidence journey – what is it about? Ever since we were little, the things we did and the people we met all contributed to our confidence level. Mind you, they haven’t determined our confidence, (we do that) – they just contributed to it. The things we were able to do well showed us we were good at some things. The things we were unable to do showed us our weaknesses (and we all have them). The people we saw and lived with all told us in word and action how able or how deficit we were. This article is about your confidence journey and how you can make it a better one.
Your confidence journey
Your past and the lack of support you received cannot determine your destiny where your confidence level is concerned. The road you take now determines how high your confidence can be built. Of course, knock-backs in the past can affect how well we build confidence when we grow up. However, if this was set in stone, all successful people would be those who’ve come from good homes, from affluent families, with astoundingly great parents and healthy bonding experiences. We all know this is rubbish. So how do people rise above knock-backs to become confident? How do people with bad starts in life become statesmen and women and successful business tycoons? They make their own confidence destiny! They take a different path from those of their parents and direct their own journeys.
5 ways you can make a successful confidence journey
1. Decide your future depends on you. Why? If you don’t do this you will allow the people in your past who negatively affected your confidence to win. They thought you couldn’t do it then. If you can’t do it now, they were right. You’ve made them right.
2. Keep fighting to boost your confidence. Don’t give up when you fail. This is the key. When you fall, get up. The more you get up, the less you’ll fall in the future. Why? You’ll know what makes you stumble. Then you’ll avoid it at all cost.
3. Use confidence-building aides, but only if they’ll help you. Remember that we’re all individuals and you won’t be helped by the same things other people are helped by. Work out what you need, what works for you, and go with it.
4. Remove yourself from people who bring you down. Do a friends’ overhaul if you have to. Hang around with positive people, people from whom you can learn. Surround yourself with people who show the world to you in a different, more colourful light. Listen to them and learn from their lead. Why? Doing something often enough becomes a habit. Habits can be good if they’re confidence or life enhancing.
5. Don’t give yourself unattainable goals in your confidence building journey. If you look at the bigger picture it may become too overbearing when you consider all you have to do. Big tasks are daunting. Build confidence by looking at your plan bit by bit. Bite off only as much as you can comfortably chew. Once you’ve ‘digested’ that small portion, bite off another piece. In other words, take baby steps to confidence building.
Now you know how to make your successful journey to confidence building. Don’t be pressured into making any decisions before you’re ready. However, do take a step. The tiniest step is still an upward move. The worst you can do is, nothing. Don’t read this and leave, then do nothing. Stop all your planning and take a step now. Your confidence is suffering from your inactivity. It’s time to get up and go get the confidence you’ve always wanted – the confidence you deserve!